My upcoming book, Rehumanizing Marketing, seeks multiple perspectives outside of the marketing field to help us answer some of the most pressing human questions in marketing today. Those perspectives also can serve as compelling, energetic keynote sessions for your organization, department or event.
“Information friction” and “information flooding” are two new terms I’m adding to my information literacy toolbox thanks to a keynote speech by Jason Voiovich at a recent conference for information professionals. Innocuously labelled “Information management lessons from China”, Voiovich provided many excellent and topical examples of how easy it can be to manipulate the information ecosystem and why we, as information professionals, must always be vigilant. He challenged us to think about ethics and the need to balance the public good and private information. He touched on topics (climate change, Amy Schumer) that are difficult to discuss in groups without offending someone, but he did so with an engaging delivery. I cannot wait for the book.
Kirsten Smith, MLIS
April 26, 2018
I can tailor a unique talk from 30 to 90 minutes.
See below for a list of topics based on sections or chapters in the book:
- Rehumanizing Marketing (overall topic)
- Rehumanizing Our Identity as Marketing Professionals
- A Big Fat Greek Marketing Lesson (Agile Learning)
- Segmentation or Stereotyping? (Asking Better Questions)
- Put on your own mask before assisting others (Teaching Resiliency)
- Rehumanizing Our Audiences
- The Individualized (Marketing) Educational Plan (Audience Education)
- Breaking the Zealot Rule (Audience Engagement)
- When Giving Isn’t Good (Audience Empowerment)
- Rehumanizing Our Mission
- Achieving True Justice (Crisis Management)
- Inside the Great Firewall (Information Management and Manipulation)
- Acting in His own image (Marketing Ethics)
To begin a discussion about hiring me as a speaker for your next event, use the form below to get in touch with me.